According to the Arizona Department of Education parents need the following information to enroll children in Arizona schools:
Proof of residency
Families must provide two proofs of residency to establish residence in a designated school attendance area the district’s boundaries or the state. These can include:
- Motor vehicle registration
- Rent or mortgage payment receipt
- Employer letter on letterhead
- Utility bill
- Property tax bill
- Lease agreement
- Tax return
- Bank account paycheck credit card bill etc.
- Driver’s license or State ID
Proof of age
Arizona students must be five years old before September 1 of the current school year for kindergarten and 6 years old before September 1 to enter first grade. Proof of age can include:
- A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Other reliable proof of the student’s identity and age (must include birth date) including the student’s baptismal certificate passport a stamped application for a Social Security number I94 with Federal stamp stating refugee status or original school registration records and an affidavit explaining the inability to provide the birth certificate.
Arizona state law requires school districts to show proof that every student through 12th grade has had immunizations or is exempt from required immunization. Contact your school district for information on which immunizations they require.
Visit www.azed.gov to get the most up to date information